April 22, 2007

God's Amazing Creations

Rarely am I impressed by television. I tend to stick to the Discovery Channel and such because I find real life pretty fascinating. The last few Sunday nights, I've been catching their new eleven part series called "Planet Earth." WOW!

The photography is phenomenal. The sound is incredible (especially when listening to it with surround sound). The way the information is presented is awe-inspiring. Above all, what keeps striking me every single time I watch an episode, is how wonderful and perfectly orchestrated God created this planet for us. From mountain peaks to ocean depths, this series entertains and educates the entire way through. (In the episode I saw tonight, "Seasonal Forests," they even used the birth of Christ as a reference point for time - a pleasant surprise these days.)

Apparently, it's taken five years to get and put it all together, yet the technology is right out of the future. They were able to capture extremely rare species of animals, without disrupting their environment. From miles away, using special cameras mounted on helicopters, they were able to highlight a shot of something that seemed mere feet from the camera. Using low-light cameras, the shows were also able to unobtrusively show the nocturnal world that few even knew existed.

So grab your spouse, grab the kids, and sit down in front of the television prepared to be awestruck with the complexity and wonder of God's creations.

2 comments:

WayneThomasBatson said...

I love those shows, esp. the ones on severe weather events. I could watch the Discovery Channel 24/7...which is probably why it's good that I don't have cable. ;-)

Amy Browning said...

I went without cable for a few years, but I was the one who missed it the least in the family, so I was over-ruled. Of course, now I love that we have it. :)

Powered By Blogger