April 23, 2007

New Book by Tolkien

Yep - you read it right. There has just been released a new book by J.R.R. Tolkien. It is a book that apparently was unfinished when he died, so his son Christopher Tolkien took many years to compile all of the notes and prepare it for publishing. Christopher says that all the language is really J.R.R.'s, so apparently, the notes and unfinished manuscript were enough to equal a whole new book.



I'm super excited! I just got my copy today. I'll be participating in a blog type book-club thing over at WTB's blog. We'll be reading at a prearranged pace and regularly discussing each section. Come check it out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*Grumble* Now I'm all jealous! :)

I haven't forgotten your blog-got it almost ready. I just hit a small snag with one of the graphics that I'm tweeking.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that's too neat. I'll have to look for it next time I'm at the bookstore.

Amy Browning said...

I've only read the Introduction and ooooo weee - I'm so excited!

Powered By Blogger