Eight Random Facts About Me
Here are the rules to anyone who gets tagged:
1. Post the rules of the game.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
My 8 Facts:
1. I love to scrapbook, though rarely do it as often as I'd like.
2. I tend to spout off relatively meaningless facts about random subjects at any point. If someone mentions water, I'll go into the fact that "80% of Americans walk around dehydrated and don't know it..." blah - blah - blah... You get the picture.
3. The biggest reason for not liking certain foods seems to be that I don't like the texture rather than the actual taste. Prime example - avocado. Eeewww...
4. I write everything on Post-Its. I am a list-maker from way back and my new canvas of choice has been Post-Its. I write To Do lists and grocery lists, as well as lists of items to pack for a trip, etc.
5. I've never ventured outside the continental United States. How bad is this: I lived in San Diego, yet never made it to TJ right across the border and have lived for 12 years now in Washington state and have yet to make it across the Canadian border not 4 hours from here.
6. I was a dancer for 13 years and my professional career was about to begin at age 16 with a touring company called the Young Americans when I injured my knee and God clearly showed me that my life was going to turn out vastly different than I had imagined. Even though my dancing days ended and thus many of my lifelong dreams, I learned about God's will and thank him everyday for NOT letting my dreams come true.
7. Umm - I can't stand movies that are drama or romantic in nature. I love action/adventure and comedy. I live plenty of drama and romance in my real life, so what's the point in finding escapism in a movie that mirrors real life?
8. Okay - last one, think random... When I was little I used to swim a lot and could hold my breath for a really long time. I would sit on the bottom of the public pool (about 13 feet deep) and suck water in and out of my mouth hoping to somehow develop the ability to extract oxygen from the water, thus teaching myself how to breath under water.
*Okay folks, that's it.*
I don't have many blog-buddies and I know that two of them have already been tagged, so as soon as I find more, I'll tag them.
EDIT: I've tagged EverlastingScribe over at Scribe Scrawlings.